- This event has passed.
Live Preview |1/22 Notes of blues in Mississippi
January 22, 2021 @ 9:30 pm – 11:30 pm
“Two of my favorite things are sitting on the porch,
smoking my pipe and playing my Hohner Harmonica.”
THE COMRADES BLUES 01/22
Looking back to 1920, blues harmonica is prevalent in the south. After the WWII, African Americans in the south gradually move to the north like Chicago and brought great change to the music there. In the latter parts of the thirties, four great harmonica players emerged in Chicago: Sonny Boy Williamson, Big Walter Horton, Rice Miller and Little Water Jacobs. These musicians came together, creating the most unique harmonica tunes for Chicago. With different emotions and creativity, different styles and feelings incorporated into the tunes, these tunes soon captured all the attention at the time.
However, with Rock & Roll arrives in the mid-fifties, Blues became more sentimental. Record sales drop made many harmonica players had to find other jobs, even Muddy Waters, where the band is famous for the Harmonica, realized most audience do not accept the soft tempo blues from Chicago discos. Meanwhile in Europe, especially the UK surprisingly found Blues again, Eric Clapton, Beck and other young guitarists started to play improvisation of B. B. King. In the late sixties, Blues began to be popular again in the UK, only thing that changed is the audience. While in the US, the falling of Blues brought up developments of R & B, Soul and Jazz. In the of January 22nd, follow the harmonica of Comrades Blues, let us travel to the south in history, listen to blues from far far away and let go of all the sentiments.
Note: Please notify us with your booking and reserve seats asap. We will allocate your seats based on when the tickets are purchased since we only have a limited number of seats, so you may have to sit with someone else. Tickets are separate from the drinks and we require a minimum spending of 200 RMB pp including the ticket.
Pre-sale Ticket RMB 100 (Before the day of the event)
Live Ticket/At-the-door RMB 120 (On the day of the event
- Buzz Me
- I Don’t Need No Doctor
- Everyday I Have The Blues
- The Way You Do
- Three O’Clock Blues
- Key To The Highway
- If Trouble Was Money
- Get Out My Life Woman
- Black Cat Bone
- Nothin’ To Nobody
- Hoochie Coochie Man
- Where Did I Go Wrong
THE COMRADES BLUES
Harmonica – Jaymen Ho何学明
Third place in Huaxia Harmonica Festival; Founder of the Lanyue Harmonica Music Centre in Guangzhou; Organiser of the Guangzhou Harmonica Festival.
GUITAR /VOCAL – Tim Liang梁乐天
Guitarist, currently studying in the Berklee College of Music in Guitar performance. Started studying guitar from nine years old, from fifteen he started to learn blues guitar performance. His style has been greatly influenced and aspired by the likes of Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Matt Schofield etc.
BASS -Igor Shuldeshov一哥
Legendary figure himself, He plays with blues in his veins, he styles with blues’ roots, he has the easiness of swing and the exotic vibes from Russia.
DRUMS -Terro Su苏正予
Terro always loved music ever since he was a baby. After a few instruments he finally started learning Jazz Drums at the age of fourteen. After many years of study he does not find his favorite music type yet he tries his best to perform and enjoy all kinds of music, and while this being the most important and most satisfying thing he always strives for the next tune.
- Please respect the musician and the venue
- Show starts at 21:30, lasts around 120 minutes, with a 15-minute intermission; available to enter from 20:00, please arrive at the venue half an hour before the show and will be greeted by our colleague at the door; we will save your seats until 22:30
- Tickets do not include drinks; we do require a minimum purchase of 200 RMB pp including the tickets (we have a great selection of wine, cocktails, and all kinds of alcohol available for your own pleasure as well as food! We kindly ask you not to bring any other drinks or food inside the venue)
- Please turn your phone off when the show starts or turn it to mute or flight mode.
- Please turn off your flashlight when taking a photo
- Tickets cannot be refunded except for certain circumstances
- If you cannot make it due to uncontrollable factors and wish to transfer the tickets to your friends of family members, please contact us asap
Post your own events for free on the largest event calendar in Shenzhen, China and the Greater Bay Area. Access hundreds of thousands of people browsing our sites and get a chance to be featured on our WeChat, Facebook, Meetup and other social media channels.