- This event has passed.
Canceled: Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon
February 8, 2020 All day
“Together, We Run Further” Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2020 Introduces Pilot “Disability Entry” and New Arrangements for 10KM Wheelchair Race to Further Promote Disability Inclusion Increased Quota for Full Marathon New “Family Run” Arrangement Registration Begins on 18 September 2019 in Phases HONG KONG (26 August 2019) – The Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2020 will take place on Sunday, 9 February 2020. For the first time, a pilot “Disability Entry” category with a quota of 500 places reserved for participants with disabilities will be introduced together with new arrangements for the 10KM Wheelchair Race, aiming to encourage participation of more people with disabilities and further promote disability inclusion. To address the growing demand in the Marathon category in recent years, the quota for this category will be further increased by 1,500 places, with the overall enrolment total for major races remaining at 74,000. The “Family Run” will be upgraded to a “Kickoff Family Run”, which will be held one day before the major races, with the start and finish at the signature finishing zone at Victoria Park to enhance the participants’ experience. The registration for the Public Ballot Entry of major races will start from 10:00a.m. on 18 September 2019. Promoting Disability Inclusion • Pilot “Disability Entry” The Organiser introduces “Disability Entry” for the first time as a pilot arrangement with a 500- place quota reserved for participants with disabilities, who can register for the Marathon, Half Marathon or 10KM Race. By creating a separate ballot from the Public Ballot Entry, it will provide a higher chance for people with disabilities to join the race and further promote disability inclusion. With regards to visually impaired participants, a separate arrangement will be made by the Organiser for their guide-runners after the announcement of the balloting results.
• New Arrangements for 10KM Wheelchair Race
➢ Introduction of New Wheelchair-Friendly Route A new and more wheelchair-friendly route will be introduced for the 10KM Wheelchair Race. It will start at Wan Chai Sports Ground, head to Lung Wo Road via Tonnochy Road, and circle for two laps between Lung Wo Road and Tim Wa Avenue with the finish at Victoria Park. It is expected that participants’ performances will be benefited with this new, flatter route. ➢ Relaxation of Entry Requirements The requirements for Wheelchair Entry will be relaxed and the time limit will also be increased from 50 minutes to 65 minutes, encouraging more interested parties to join the race.
New Race Arrangement Details
• Debut of “Kickoff Family Run” on Saturday With the overwhelming response to the “Family Run” over the past years, and to address the demand from the community, the Organiser enhances the run into a “Kickoff Family Run”. It will be held one day before the major races on 8 February 2020 (Saturday) at Victoria Park, welcoming people of all ages to participate in teams of 2 to 4 members. The route is about 800 meters long, including a run around the six soccer pitches with the start and finish at the signature finishing zone in Victoria Park. In addition, they can join the “Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon Carnival” at the venue and cheer for the runners there, further immersing themselves in the atmosphere of the Marathon.
• Quota Further Increased for Full Marathon To address the growing demand for the Marathon category and encourage runners to upgrade and challenge themselves with a longer running distance, the enrolment quota has been further increased by 1,500 places, from 22,500 in 2019 to 24,000 in 2020. Registration Arrangements
• Public Ballot Entry (Individual) Local and overseas runners can begin registration via the official website from 10:00a.m., 18 September 2019 to 11:59p.m., 6 October 2019.
• 10KM Public Ballot Entry (Team) Applicants can form a team of two to eight members to register for 10KM race. There will be a total enrollment quota of 10,000 places allocated to the 10KM Run 3 and 10KM Run 4. Only individual results will be available while team results and awards will not be provided. The registration date and arrangement for the Public Ballot Entry (Team) are the same as for the Public Ballot Entry (Individual).
Entry Requirements & MARATHON ROUTE MAP
- Marathon participants must be 20 years old or above as of 2020 (Count by Year of Birth).
- Applicants MUST have successfully completed at least one race (10km or longer distance) in the Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon or any local / overseas races in the past 3 years. Applicants are also required to provide factually the Finishing Time of any races participated in the past 3 years
- Estimated Finishing Time shall be submitted upon registration, which will be taken into consideration when the Organiser allocates the race category and start time to participants.
Half Marathon & 10km
- Half Marathon and 10km participants must be 16 years old or above as of 2020 (Count by Year of Birth).
- Applicants are required to honestly provide their estimated finishing time, which will be taken into consideration when the Organiser allocates the race category and start time to participants.
- Applicants of Half Marathon Challenge (Charity Entry) must have successfully completed at least one Half Marathon race between 1 January 2018 and 31 July 2019 and achieved a Personal Time within the time standard of 2:30:00 (for both Men & Women). The applicants shall enter the information factually during registration. The Organiser reserves the right to assign another Start Time to the applicants.
Runners aged from 10-15 as of 2020 may apply for Youth Dash (Count by Year of Birth)
Start from :
- Nathan Road (near The Mira Hong Kong ) 118 Nathan Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Victoria Park, Hong Kong
- Victoria Park, Hong Kong