- This event has passed.
Startup Weekend|Global Women-Shenzhen
September 20, 2019 @ 6:30 pm – September 22, 2019 @ 9:00 pm
🌳 Startup Weekends are 54-hour events designed to provide superior experiential education for technical and non-technical entrepreneurs. Beginning with Friday night pitches and continuing through brainstorming, business plan development, and basic prototype creation, Startup Weekends culminate in Sunday night demos and presentations.
🙂 Through this compact 54 hours, participants share experiences with others, and turn entrepreneurial ideas into most viable products that may eventually set up their own teams and new companies.
During this event participants and are able to collaborate with like-minded individuals outside of their daily networks. All teams hear talks by industry leaders and receive valuable feedback from local entrepreneurs.
Connect with people driven to build something new. Rich and diverse talent is a Startup Weekend staple.
Are you ready to meet your next cofounder / friends / mentor?
Discover where you are on the Entrepreneur’s Journey.
Find the resources available near you.
Leave knowing the next steps you need to take on your road to success.
Learn what it really takes to start a company.
No book, panel, speaker, or blog post will teach you what you need to know.
The only way to learn is the experience of trying.
It’s that simple. Startup Weekend is designed to get you going, FAST.
Your local Organizers will set up the ideal environment for you to be successful and learn as much as possible in just 54 hours.
🚀 In order to encourage women chasing their career dreams, break the border and help more female with entrepreneurial ideas to launch their ideas, this Startup Weekend is focusing on women Topic.
As long as the target customer of your project is mainly female or the founder / co-founder is a female, you are welcome to participate. Together with the Startup Weekend, you can experience the journey of a start-up company and get to know great mentors, co-founders and investors in just 54 hours,
Room 4001 Theatre , 4/F, Unova, Close to the Intersection of Caitian Road and Fuhua Road , Futian District, Shenzhen
( Gangxia Subway Station Exit A )
Coming event: Global Women – go beyond the border!
- Your pitching idea targets the female as main customer base
- There are female founders, partners or co-founders in your team.
- Your idea is related to women, such as but not limited to female economy, technology, and culture innovation, etc.,
- You want to know how to turn your entrepreneurial ideas into practices
- You want to link more interesting souls, excellent mentors, startup resources
- You are a technology fan and want to find like-minded partners.
Please click on the image below to join us! The winner might have the opportunity to join Global Competion in Singapore!
👉 The hardest part of starting up is to starting out.
- At Startup Weekend, you’ll be immersed in the ideal environment for startup magic to happen.
- Surrounded by smart, passionate people and with the best tools and approaches at your disposal, you’ll take giant leaps toward creating a business, becoming a founder, and connecting with the right people and resources.
- Ticket price includes food for the entire weekend (3 dinners, 2 lunches and 2 light breakfasts) as well as water. Make sure to attend the entire event as your team will need you until the end!
- Sunday Spectator ticket only provides attendance to the Sunday night final presentations.
- No refunds will be granted within 7 days of the event if food and drink have already been ordered. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
- By signing up, you agree to our Terms and Conditions. If there is a discrepancy between the Chinese and English versions, the Chinese version will be the main one.
- Are the organisers taking care of food and accommodations?
We will be serving 7 meals throughout the weekend but you need to take care of your own accommodations.
- What is the language spoken during your event?
A mixture of both. It will often be mainly in Chinese but with some interpretation in English. Language has never been a strong barrier.
- Who are the other participants?
Similar to you, people interested to become entrepreneurs or fascinated by internet. Business people, tech geeks, and creatives. Some technical, some not! We encourage inclusivity.
- Do participants have to come with an existing business or idea?
You can come with an idea or a very early stage business (only some market research done). For various reasons, it is better to come with something new!
- We already have a team and a project, can we still join?
Nop, you come as an individual and not as a team. Take this opportunity to test a new idea and meet with new people!
- Do projects still continue after Startup Weekend?
Most of the projects won’t move forward but some will, it really depends on you and your team. Nevertheless, you will most likely meet your future co-founders and learn a ton!
- What type of ideas do I need to pitch?
Anything related to technology / internet in a broader sense.
- What are examples of ideas?
An app to find second hand clothes, a website to find local tour guides, a couponing system for restaurants, a social network for pet owners.
- What exactly can we expect to make?
We recommend teams to build actual prototypes and you will most definitely have a presentation to pitch and a business model to move forward.
- Do I need to stay the entire weekend?
Yes! It would be unfair to your team otherwise. If you have personal emergencies, please contact the organising team.
- I’m working for my own startup or a company, does it make sense to come?
Yes, we don’t expect participants to resign on Monday! Come and learn new things, make new friends, connect with coaches and judges, test a new idea, build something cool!
- I don’t want to come the entire weekend, can I just come and look?
You can come to watch the final pitches on Sunday: Make Sure to Register a Sunday Observer Ticket
Startup Weekend is not a conference, a workshop, or an exhibition. Attendees are expected to work hard and create a new project within 2.5 days!
More questions? Send an email to: email@example.com
⏰ Special reminding:
1, Please be sure to keep the site clean, take away the garbage every day when leaving.
2, Please keep the table and chairs clean and tidy, and help the organizers to re-place the table and chairs after the event.
3, Please be polite for your language and behaviors. Respect different cultures, allow disagreement, and refuse offensive personal bais.
Note: Special Discount for ShenzhenParty followers: 10% discount on regular tickets and Sunday observation tickets and the Social dinner. Just add SZParty to the Discount Code.