January 12, 2020 @ 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Embrace Chinese New Year 2020
Foreign and local residents enjoy a Multicultural New Year in Shekou!
This year, Shekou Management and Service Center for Expats is going to present you with a unique Chinese New Year Festivity!
Ding! Message from Shekou MSCE: 【Hi, folks! We invite you to welcome the Chinese New Year in a Multicultural way with great joy and fun!】 Speaking of Chinese New Year, we can’t help thinking of delicious traditional foods that are prepared with good wishes for the new year, special performances for celebration, and other Chinese traditions like writing couplets.
Besides Chinese New Year’s convivial atmosphere with Chinese traditions, foods, handicrafts and performances, we flavour the celebration event with foreign countries’ new year atmosphere. India, South Africa, UK, Italy, France… You can taste foods from different countries, play games originated from these countries, and appreciate their national dress!
❉Chinese Cultural Experience:
1. Writing Chinese Couplets
2. Making Chinese Lantern
3. New Year Paper-cutting
❉Chinese Traditional Food Tasting:
1. Making and tasting Chinese New Year rice cake
2. Tasting Guangdong New Year foods-Youjiao, Jiandui and so on
3. Tasting cotton candy
❉International Food Tasting:
1. Tasting foods and drinks from different countries, such as India, South Africa, UK, Italy, France, Korea, Belgium and other countries
2. Playing games of foreign countries
3. Tasting German draught beer and French red wine
(Besides various foods, you can play games from different countries.)
1. Chinese Lion Dance performance
2. Foreign band’s performance
3. Clowns’ performance for kids
4. Gu Zheng performance
(After performance, you can also play Lion Dance or Guzheng with teacher’s instruction.)